- The Clinton Essex Franklin Library System serves library patrons and 30 public libraries, and 3 reading centers in Northeastern New York. Be sure to visit their DATABASES page for a full list of free information resources.
- The Northern New York Library Network was chartered by the New York State Regents in 1965 to facilitate cooperative services among libraries in northern New York and to improve library services within the region, which consists of Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego and St. Lawrence counties.
- The New York State Library is part of the Office of Cultural Education, within the New York State Education Department. The Library serves three major constituencies: The Research Library, The Talking Book and Braille Library (TBBL) and The Division of Library Development.
- The New York Public Library Even if you do not live in New York City you can access the many resources, including the Online For Kids page and Digital Collections.
- The Library of Congress has extensive Archives and resources including the Ask A Librarian online reference service, extensive Digital Collections, Online Catalogs, and more.
- WorldCat is the world’s largest network of library content and services. WorldCat libraries are dedicated to providing access to their resources on the Web, where most people start their search for information.
LIBRARY SERVICES & OTHER DATABASES
- NOVELny – NOVELNY is a pilot project for the Statewide Internet Library is an online library of literally hundreds of magazines, newspapers, maps, charts, research and reference books that are available to every New Yorker, free of charge. All you need is your public library card, New York driver license, or non-driver ID. Students may also access the NOVELny databases through their school or academic library.
- Northern New York Historical Newspapers – Northern New York Historical Newspapers are provided by the Northern New York Library Network to enhance access to the region’s unique local history. The online collection currently consists of more than 1,300,000 pages from thirty-five newspapers.
OTHER NEIGHBORING LIBRARIES WITH WEBSITES
- Upper Jay Wells Memorial Library
- Au Sable Forks Free Library
- Lake Placid Public Library
- Saranac Lake Free Library
- Wilmington History – The Wilmington Historical Society.
- Essex County History – Contact information and available resources for most towns in the county.
- Northern New York History – Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego, and St. Lawrence Counties
- New York History – New York History Net
- The Encyclopedia of New York State – The Encyclopedia of New York State is one of the most ambitious works on the stateâ€™s history to appear in many decades. It showcases the scholarship of over 1,200 authors on a vast range of subjects.
- Town of Wilmington
- Essex County
- State of New York
- New York State Senate
- New York State Assembly
- United States Government Home Page
- United States Senate
- United States House of Representatives
VOTING AND REGISTRATION
- Check Your Voter Registration Status – Find your polling place. Check to be sure you are properly registered.
- Register to Vote – Find out how to register.
- New York State Board of Elections – Get more information.
Local Businesses and Attractions
(Please let us know if you have a Wilmington website you would like added here)
- High Falls Gorge – In the Shadow of Whiteface Mountain, you can take a nature walk to view the Au Sable River as it flows over ancient granite cliffs.
- Santa’s Workshop – The magic of Christmas comes alive again when you visit with Santa Claus at his home and workshop, a village of alpine flavor nestled on the side of Whiteface Mountain. Founded in 1949 and designed by Arto Monaco. We are known as the forerunner of present day theme parks in the United States.
- Whiteface Mountain Veterans’ Memorial Highway – The Whiteface Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway ascends to the summit of the fifth highest mountain in the Adirondacks. The last five miles are the most spectacular as the road winds upward through a changing forest and an alpine summit environment. At the summit parking area, take a short hike to the very top or hop on the in-mountain elevator for a truly amazing 360-degree view of the surrounding wilderness.
- Whiteface Mountain Ski Area – Wilmington’s own ski resort, with the greatest vertical drop in the east – 3,430 feet.
- Adirondack Chocolates – “We hand-make our Adirondack Chocolates using the finest, freshest ingredients and all original recipes. Hand crafted daily in small batches… always fresh, always delicious.”
- North Pole Resorts – Including Camping, Cabins, Cottages, Bungalows, as well as boat/canoe rentals, 2 swimming pools, 2 unique playgrounds, 2 game rooms, laundry facilities, a convenience store, an 18 hole Mini Golf, and private hiking & biking trails that connect with state trails.
- Lake Placid / Whiteface Mountain KOA – Enjoy seventy acres of the Adirondack’s finest natural elements at the base of Whiteface Mountain. The campground sits along a half mile of the trout-rich Ausable River, with magnificent gorge and waterfall views.
- Whiteface Real Estate ACO Property Advisors – ACO Property Advisors, Inc. provides comprehensive real estate services to clients throughout the Whiteface Mountain, Au Sable River, and Lake Placid regions of New York’s Adirondack Park. Our unique position as the premier Real Estate Broker in Wilmington, New York allows us to provide valuable insight to buyers and sellers of homes, land and commercial real estate throughout the Whiteface Mountain region.